- Where are you in your career journey?
- How can you get the most fulfillment out of this stage of your career?
First of all to negotiate the best peace between fans most Dortmund fans rode on the top level of the bus and we FC Bayern fans rode on the bottom level.
Secondly this is funny as it brought back child memories in Idaho of riding to church in my Father’s pickup truck also in layers, bigger kids on the bottom and smaller kids on their laps as we were usually 8 to 10 children. I would say quite some negotiations played out in order to make it to church on time.
The third thing that came from this trip is the creative product and marketing FC Bayern uses to ignite fan loyalty. They say the 12th player is the fan. They back it up by offering a player’s jersey that can be personalized for each fan player; that’s where today’s picture comes in. This is also funny because I am child #12 of 15! It’s my number!
So, a couple of coaching questions for today’s blog post.
- When crisis explodes, do you instantly blame or do you instinctively create?
- How well do you exercise your creative instincts when it comes to negotiating and communicating with others in finding solutions in conflict?
- In the challenge of making more money do you repetitively run through the same old thought cycle or do you instinctively add colors, over emphasized pictures, and look to expand the absurd out-of-the-box thoughts?
Today I walked past the Berlin Story Bunker. It was so beautiful on a rainy day that I had to take a picture. This 5-story bunker is an authentic World War II air raid shelter. It has quite some different stories to tell on each level. It even has a horror chamber haunted with real ghosts. I know because I took my teenagers there some years back. It scared the crap out of us. It made me think about the stories each of us have to tell at different levels of our lives and even in our career. Also, because this month my post theme is business coaching, I thought about the stories of business in a couple ways. First that every business has stories from each of the phases in the lifetime of the business. And Second that every person in business also has so many stories to tell. Being a Life Coach tells quite a story about me in that I have been training all my life for what I do today. Many of the stories in my life help me access information, understanding and connection to my clientele in ways that enrich the relationships to the benefit of all.
Quote from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimblasingame/2013/04/22/use-the-p-of-storytelling-to-grow-your-small-business/
In the world of business, it can be so easy to loose focus on what matters most and what it is that you are truly striving for when you collapse your focus into the details of what distraction may have pulled you in it’s grips.
Look back at your original course you set for yourself.
Do the work! Complete it now!
Using a business plan certainly helps you run the risks before you take the gamble. What about risk in your personality? Maybe you are someone who expands with risk, grows with risk and needs the challenge to step upwards. You could also be the opposite, risk throws you over the edge in stress, and you fall into overload or burnout. A great way of working with risk in a way that works with your authentic personality is to understand your values and clarify your basic core values.
Your values are at the center of what ignites you in life and business. They are underneath the right and wrong from outside pressures and programming. They are YOU at your core! They are like signs of a road map that will help you see whether to go– the road is safe and clear, caution– move ahead slowly or stop– under construction you must use an alternative route.
Coaching is one brilliant way of understanding what you value at your core and connect to your authenticity!
Here are a few ritual ideas to ground you into your passion in the business world.
- Objects in your workspace
- Music you surround yourself with
- Breathing exercises
Photo by: eltoro69/Shutterstock.com/69189451
Think of how this scenario applies right now in your life.
- Where do you love to create challenge?
- And where then do you find balance and inner peace?
Photo by: Richard Hurd flickr.com Midwest Log-Rolling Championship 06-29-2013
Whether you are in business for yourself or climbing the success ladder, look at where you are today and where you want to be at the end of this year.
- What is the first thing that you notice?
- How can you reframe what you notice into something more positive?
- How can you break through contorted patterns and habits, surrounding what you noticed, that throw you into negative thinking?
- What action can you take today towards where you want to be?